I am dedicated to working in our community to further enhance our children’s educational experience, and to continue our strive for excellence and growth in the Sudbury Public Schools. Below are 5 areas of growth that are the building blocks of my campaign that will ensure the continued excellence in our schools.
#1 My main objective as a School Committee member will be first and foremost to work with the current Superintendent and School Committee to ensure all of the district goals and our core values are being achieved.
- Challenging and inspiring students to ensure that all learning needs are being met
- Creating a safe environment that promotes independent thinkers that thrive and support their community both inside and out of the school
- Providing educators data and access to professional development allowing them to personalize instruction to narrow existing achievement gaps
- Promoting opportunities to advance equity
#2 It’s imperative to get students safely back into our classrooms. By working with our superintendent, local health and government officials and our amazing teachers, staff and administrators who are the heart of our schools, I will advocate for an increase of in-person learning.
#3 We can improve upon our students’ transitions from elementary school into middle school and from middle school into high school. I will work to expand the communication within all of the Sudbury Public Schools and our community as a whole.
#4 Support and build upon our culture of meeting the needs of ALL students.
- Work to ensure our entire community of educators, staff, students, parents and caregivers embrace diversity and inclusion
- Further invest in the development of our readers and our literacy support
- Programming for our advanced learners allowing them opportunity to learn beyond the grade level curriculum
- Continue to expand our supplemental curriculum and learning opportunities in the areas of STEAM
#5 We must continue to keep our budget balanced, while better planning for future expenses and capital improvements.
- Work more closely with other town cost centers
- Manage our resources to ensure our educators and students are getting the curriculum, technology and support they need to continue our strive for excellence and growth in the Sudbury Public Schools